I had already planned to make this card and then this challenge came up. It is a variation of a card I made in a Stampin’ Up class many years ago. I changed the colors and the embellishments from the original card. The stamps are by Stampin’ Up. I just used a blender pen and ink to wash some color on the design. Then added a gold brad and some raffia.
I made this birthday card last night, I really need to make a bunch of them so I am not making them at the last minute! Anyway, this is a card I have made in the last month but I decided to change the colors because I knew the receiver would prefer these colors instead of the pinks I used on the previous card. That is one great thing about making cards, the ability to customize it to the person you are giving to!
I sponged the background using 5 different colors – amethyst, lavender, light blue, ballet blue and a turquoise. The inks are by Stampin’ Up. The flowers and turtle stamps are by Judikins and the words stamp is by D.O.T.S. (now Close to My Heart). After sponging and blending the 5 colors I stamped the images with Versamark and I applied white embossing powder. The white dots are Ranger Enamel Effects.
I used the new Hero Arts set for this card and stamped them with black Staz On ink and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. The yellow and orange paper is by Stampin’ Up along with the words “happy Halloween”. I also used Range Enamel Effects around the words and used a Micron black pen to make dashes around the words. Finally I added some black ribbon between the panels. Happy Halloween…
I made two of these cards this weekend. I had actually started them during the week and was impatient and ended up getting ink where it shouldn’t be on both of the cards. First I managed to “touch up” an area, forgetting I didn’t have the masking tape on anymore, and on the second the ink wasn’t dry – it was a learning experience. I thought I was so clever putting on the texture paste the night before but didn’t realize the real problem would be the ink and me! I am glad that I started over though as I decided to make the cards larger (I just couldn’t do all of this work and then cut part of it off) and I am happy with the result. I even reversed the colors on the red & green one because it had too much red the first time and decided to add a third color.
So, on both cards I used Ranger Texture Paste and a Tim Holtz stencil. I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves & Milled Lavender on this card. The “warmest wishes” stamp is by Stampin’ Up. I added mini brads to both of them – silver to the purple/blue card and gold stars to the red/green card.
On these cards I used a couple different sets of Tim Holtz Blueprint stamps. I stamped with white ink on the black paper and Staz On black ink on the orange paper. I cut the paper diagonally (I cut the orange and black at the same time to ensure they matched) and on one added ribbon and the other some orange mesh. The “Happy Halloween” is by Stampin’ Up. I used black mini brads on one and Ranger Enamel Effects on the other. Also, on one I sponged the edges. So, two cards that are alike but different…
I was at it again this weekend, making cards! I didn’t make as many as last weekend’s 8, but this weekend’s had more techniques involved. So, to start with is a birthday card…the background stars are done with Ranger Texture Paste and a Tim Holtz stencil. I sponged the stars with 3 colors of Stampin’ Up ink and also added clear Wink of Stella to a few of the stars. Finally I added some Stampin’ Up Crystal Effects to the words and added some gold star brads. The “Happy Birthday” stamp is by Annette Allen Watkins.
Luckily, of the 8 cards I made last weekend one of them fits into this category! For a change, I was using a lot of background paper, it figures! I used Tim Holtz Mini Blueprint stamps, stamped in white on black paper. The printed paper (bats) is by Stampin’ Up. The “Happy Halloween” was a metal stencil probably by Dreamweaver, I’ve had it for year. Check out my blog or this link on Wrapped All Up for information on where to get the embellishments – bats and orange mesh under the wording.
I received my new Hero Arts stamps Pumpkins, Bats & Ghosts this week and decided to start “playing” with them last night. This design still needs some work but it is a good start. I simply stamped the images with Versamark and chalked them. I layered them and cut the edges with craft scissors. I look forward to “playing” with these stamp some more this week!